[Web-SIG] wsgi.errors and close method

Manlio Perillo manlio_perillo at libero.it
Sun Mar 28 14:06:35 CEST 2010

Graham Dumpleton ha scritto:
> On 28 March 2010 22:21, Manlio Perillo <manlio_perillo at libero.it> wrote:
>> Graham Dumpleton ha scritto:
>>> [...]
>> Sorry, my question was not clear.
>>
>> I was asking what applications or frameworks call the .close method on
>> the errors object.
>
> I know what you were asking. My point was that it doesn't help to find
> out as nearly impossible to get them to change the code.

Ok, thanks.

My point is that I don't have strict compatibility requirements for my
ngx_http_wsgi_module, as you have with Apache mod_wsgi.

As an example, the other day I removed support for CPython
subinterpreters, since they make code more complex as it should be.

The reason I want to know the "bad" applications/framework is because I
would like to see the reason why they are calling the .close method.

[...]
>>> static PyGetSetDef Log_getset[] = {
>>>     { "closed", (getter)Log_closed, NULL, 0 },
>>> #if PY_MAJOR_VERSION < 3
>>>     { "softspace", (getter)Log_get_softspace, (setter)Log_set_softspace, 0 },
>>> #else
>> I noted that you added softspace descriptor in recent versions.
>> What is its purpose?
>> Is it here just for compatibility?
>
> It is related to how comma separated lists and comma at end of line is
> used in the following.
>
>   print >> sys.stderr, "a", "b",
>   print >> sys.stderr, "c"

I will check it with my module, thanks.