[Web-SIG] wsgiref 0.2 dev in svn w/PEP 3333 support

P.J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Sun Oct 10 00:11:54 CEST 2010

At 09:37 PM 10/9/2010 +0200, And Clover wrote:
>On 10/06/2010 07:21 PM, P.J. Eby wrote:
>
>>How would these relate to the Python 3.2 release? Can you make 3.x and
>>2.x versions?
>
>Yes, I have separate fixup code paths for 2.x and 3.x. 3.x faces the
>reverse situation to that previously described, in that os.environ
>is accurate on Windows but needs reverse-decoding on POSIX.
>Currently I use utf-8 and surrogateescape, but for Python 3.2
>presumably os.environb will be the safer bet.

Ok; if you can submit patches against
svn://svn.eby-sarna.com/svnroot/wsgiref (for 2.x) and
http://svn.python.org/projects/python/branches/py3k/Lib/wsgiref (for
3.x), adding an IISCGIHandler and whatever else, I'll review them and apply.

Note, by the way, that just because the environment is unicode on
3.x, doesn't mean it's WSGI-correct: WSGI requires that unicode
environment strings be just bytestrings in disguise.  It's actually
an error if those environment strings contain any character greater than 255!