[Web-SIG] wsgiref 0.2 dev in svn w/PEP 3333 support

Ty Sarna ty at sarna.org
Thu Oct 21 19:43:35 CEST 2010

On Oct 20, 2010, at 7:48 PM, and-py wrote:

> No browser or server has ever used or
> understood RFC2047 encoded-words in HTTP headers

"All generalizations are wrong" (Mark Twain, I think?)

I work on a codebase that includes a server and multiple client implementations that support and actively use RFC2047 encoded headers. Not that I'm arguing WSGI should support it as a result; the clients and server are mostly only useful for talking to each other. But, for any given weird (mis)feature in a widely implemented spec, you can bet someone somewhere thought it was a good idea to implement it...