[Web-SIG] Output header encodings? (was Re: Backup plan: WSGI 1 Addenda and wsgiref update for Py3)

Jeff Hardy jdhardy at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 19:11:16 CEST 2010

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 10:06 AM, P.J. Eby <pje at telecommunity.com> wrote:
> So, unless somebody has some additional arguments on this one, I think I'm
> going to stick with bytes output.

I don't have a strong opinion on whether it should be bytes or strings
-- I'll leave that discussion for people who know more about the
details than I do.

I do think input and output should be symmetric, though. If response
headers are going to be bytes, then the request headers should be as
well, or vice versa. The same arguments apply to both, after all.

- Jeff