[Web-SIG] [Python-Dev] WSGI is now Python 3-friendly

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Sun Sep 26 17:20:26 CEST 2010

On Sun, Sep 26, 2010 at 7:58 AM, Tres Seaver <tseaver at palladion.com> wrote:
> I hadn't realized that PEP 333 was never actually in the 'Final' status
> (de facto, it has been so for years, of course).  Given that fact, and
> PJEs assurances, I think amending the PEP and then immediately declaring
> it final is reasonable.

And who is going to give the PEP its stamp of approval?

I'm sorry, but all this weasel-wording about how these changes aren't
really changes and how this standard wasn't really a standard make me
very uncomfortable. I'm happy approving Final status for the
*original* PEP 333 and I'm happy to approve a new PEP which includes
PJE's corrections. I'm not going to approve Final status for a
history-rewrite of PEP 333.

--
--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)