[Web-SIG] Declaring PEP 3333 accepted (was: PEP 444 != WSGI 2.0)

Randy Syring rsyring at inteli-com.com
Tue Jan 4 02:04:02 CET 2011

In the server/gateway example, there is a comment in the code that says:

# TODO: this needs to be binary on Py3

The "TODO" part confuses me.  In other areas of the PEP, there are
comments like:

# call must be byte-safe on Py3

which make sense.  But is the TODO meant to be a TODO for the PEP or is
it meant to be a note to the person running the example on Py3.  If the
latter, maybe "TODO" isn't the best prefix.

FWIW, don't consider this an objection, it is just a question I had as I
read through the PEP.

Randy Syring
Intelicom
Direct: 502-276-0459