[Web-SIG] [PEP 444] Future- and Generator-Based Async Idea

Alice Bevan–McGregor alice at gothcandy.com
Sun Jan 9 14:29:34 CET 2011

Here's what I've mutated Alex Grönholm's minimal middleware example
into: (see the change history for the evolution of this)

	https://gist.github.com/771398

A complete functional (as in function, not working ;) async-capable
middleware layer (that does nothing) is 12 lines.  That, I think is a
reasonable amount of boilerplate.  Also, no decorators needed.  It's
quite readable, even the way I've compressed it.

The class-based version is basically identical, but with added comments
explaining the assumptions this example makes and demonstrating where
the acutal middleware code can be implemented for simple middleware.

	- Alice.