[Web-SIG] Generator-Based Applications: Marrow HTTPd Example

Alice Bevan–McGregor alice at gothcandy.com
Tue Jan 11 00:59:32 CET 2011

On 2011-01-10 04:25:40 -0800, Alice Bevan–McGregor said:

> Note that this particular rewrite is not complete, nor has it been
> profiled and optimized; initial benchmarks (using the 'benchmark'
> example) show a reduction of ~600 RSecs from the 'draft' branch, which
> is substantial, but hasn't been traced to a particular segment of code
> or design decision yet.

Ignore that number; I had some runaway processes eating up my CPU.
That's what I get for going weeks or months between reboots.  ;)

The drop (benchmarking current 'draft' branch and 'generator' branch)
is now ~200 RSecs (down from ~3.2 KRsecs).  Much more reasonable, and
subject to enough stddev across runs to make the difference negligible
at best.

*phew*

	- Alice.