[Web-SIG] A 'shutdown' function in WSGI

Graham Dumpleton graham.dumpleton at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 12:38:53 CET 2012

On 21 February 2012 21:07, Simon Sapin <simon.sapin at exyr.org> wrote:
> Le 21/02/2012 10:31, Graham Dumpleton a écrit :
>
>> You do realise you are just reinventing context managers?
>>
>> With this 'application' do requests.
>
> Indeed. I didn’t want to go too far from the initial "shutdown function"
> proposal, but actual context managers would be better.

FWIW, I have been playing with context managers in other ways to solve
per request resource cleanups issues as well. I will cover some of
what I have been doing with that in my State of WSGI 2 talk at PyCon
web summit.

I sort of wish this whole discussion could perhaps wait until the web
summit where after my talk I can perhaps discuss with interested
parties all the stuff I have been playing with around improving WSGI
rather than taking shots at little bits now when there is a lot more
to consider than just this.

Graham