[Web-SIG] question about connection pool, task queue in WSGI

est electronixtar at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 04:50:01 CEST 2012

Hi list,

I am running a site with django + uwsgi, I have few questions about how
WSGI works.

1. Is db connection open/close handled by Django? If it's open/closed per
request, can we make a connection pool in wsgi level, then multiple django
views can share it?

2. As a general design consideration, can we execute some task *after* the
response has returned to client? I have some heavy data processing need to
be done after return HttpResponse() in django, the standard way to do this
seems like Celery or other task queue with a broker. It's just too
heavyweight. Is it possible to do some simple background task in WSGI
directly?

Thanks in advance!