[Web-SIG] Connection close when response is ready

mouad ben mouadino at gmail.com
Sun May 11 15:06:42 CEST 2014

Hi,

I would like to also share another gist (beside the one from the thread
"wsgi server handling absolute URI"), as food to our thoughts to any one
that find this interesting, this time it's about the connection: close http
header that should instruct server to close the connection from their side
as soon as an HTTP response is sent, but i found that only two HTTP (WSGI)
server out there do support this, more info can be found here
https://gist.github.com/mouadino/5458786 .

FWIW i have already submitted a patch to eventlet where i did find this
problem first, but apparently the eventlet guys doesn't want to support
this for a reason that old client may not support this correctly, the same
excuse is used by NGINX and Apache as it was explained to me by **temoto**
from eventlet (check link https://github.com/eventlet/eventlet/issues/27).

The reason why this is good to have is explained in the eventlet issue
linked above.

As a last remark i found it funny that in both my gist, this one and the
other from absolute URI (Sadly i can't link emails, hmmm !), i found that
cherrypy do the right thing in both cases, so kudos to the cherrypy guys :)

HTH,

--
Mouad Benchchaoui