[Web-SIG] WSGI for HTTP/2.0 ?

Randy Syring randy at thesyrings.us
Sun Sep 21 01:15:17 CEST 2014

On 09/20/2014 06:43 PM, Robert Collins wrote:
> On 21 September 2014 06:15, Randy Syring <randy at thesyrings.us> wrote:
>
>> I'd suggest a "wsgi comments" github repo.
> So in the interests of getting things done and the spirit of EAFP I've
> set up https://github.com/python-web-sig/wsgi-ng.

Thanks for taking the initiative.

>> Workflow:
>>
>> Submit a document to the repo with your comments on the future version of
>> WSGI
>>
>> use any readable format you want (Markdown, RST, plain text, etc.).
>> include name, contact information, background.  Make sure to give enough
>> info about your background so the draft team has some context for the
>> proposals and comments you are making.
> I've proposed using github issues instead of documents; we can
> synthesis the issues into prose in the draft docs and reference code
> itself. I think this will be easier to manage than having a dozen
> different comment-documents in the repo.

The only disadvantage here is that you have to synthesize.  With having
a repo only for the comments, the only moderation that has to be done is
automatic approval of a pull request after the waiting/discussion
period.  No synthesis is required and issues won't "hang" open and have
to be managed.

I was thinking the actual repo for the draft could be different from the
comments repo.

So, again, just my $.02.  I think, unless the "draft team" develops,
this will be a mute point.  If it does develop, their preference for how
the comments will be handled should probably take precedence.

Regardless, thanks for taking the initiative...I'd rather personally see
inititive and iteration as needed than see the momentum lag.

*Randy Syring*
Husband | Father | Redeemed Sinner

/"For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world
and forfeit his soul?" (Mark 8:36 ESV)/