[Wheel-builders] Error from numpy wheel - any thoughts

Matthew Brett matthew.brett at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 13:50:56 EDT 2016

On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 4:29 AM, Olivier Grisel
<olivier.grisel at ensta.org> wrote:
>> You can replicate fairly simply with:
>>
>> pip install -f https://d9a97980b71d47cde94d-aae005c4999d7244ac63632f8b80e089.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com
>> numpy
>> cd numpy/f2py/tests/src/kind
>> f2py -c foo.f90 -m foo
>> python -c 'import numpy; import foo'
>
> I can replicate. I can also force the use of the system fortran with
> LD_PRELOAD (on ubuntu 14.04):
>
> LD_PRELOAD='/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgfortran.so.3' python -c
> 'import numpy; import foo'

This one is obviously a show-stopper - I believe that it means that
any module compiled against gfortran (and presumably any shipped lib
that numpy loads) will break after numpy has been imported.

I don't understand the linux link rules well enough to know how to
fix.  I guess we could rename the libraries that we ship / vendor into
libs? (numpy_libgfortran.so etc).

Matthew