[Python Wpg] Meeting time and location

Phil Mendelsohn phil at rephil.org
Thu Dec 8 19:38:22 EST 2005

Mike Pfaiffer said:
>  The 13'th is the same date as the MUUG meeting.
<SNIP>
> If there is a lot to talk about then
> perhaps 6:15 might be a better time. At about five or ten to 7:00 we could
> all collectively head over to the MUUG meeting.

Not everyone is a MUUG member.  In fact, not everyone lives in town!

I like Stuart's original suggestion.  Any place should be good on that
day, for me, I think.

I would also encourage that structure and organization be kept to a
minimum -- time, place, and one topic per meeting.  It's better to run
long on a simple program than be burdened with organizing a big meeting.
No constraints beyond that -- personally, I find Python a lot more
interesting than the "Club Organization Club." ;)

Of course, I'm probably trying to recreate the environment at the TCPZUG
(Twin Cities Python/Zope Users Group) which was loosely based on the TCLUG
minimal format.

The location can be flexible, but it may be easier to keep time and date
the same every month (or two-weeks, or year, or whatever).

Best,
Phil M

--
Dept. of Mathematics, 342 Machray Hall
U. of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada R3T 2N2