[Python Wpg] Meeting dates.

Phil Mendelsohn phil at rephil.org
Wed Dec 14 10:40:06 EST 2005

Mike Pfaiffer said:

>  I got a couple of responses about set dates. A couple people didn't like
> the idea of weekend meetings and a couple did.

To be expected.  In general, I think there are two options in a logistical
setup like this:
1:  Just pick one, and say that we're never going to make everyone happy
2:  Alternate, one month Tuesday, one month Saturday.

> From the looks of things quite a few assumed we would
> eventually move to evening meetings.

While the group will do whatever the group needs to do, my personal
preference would be to see Tues. day/eve meetings alternate months with
Saturday afternoons.  The odds of me making an evening meeting on weekdays
is extremely slight, mostly because it's a school night for my kids -- but
I'm just one guy.  Of course, if I get that wish, it pretty well
guarantees that any of the topics I *really* want to see will be on the
meetings I _can't_ make... ;)

Downtown on weekdays is a bit inconvenient, but so far I am willing to be
seduced by the prospects of fun.

Just my 2 cents worth,
Phil M

--
Dept. of Mathematics, 342 Machray Hall
U. of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada R3T 2N2