[Python Wpg] Meeting reminder

Mike Pfaiffer mpfaiffer at callapple.org
Mon Sep 25 22:58:28 EDT 2006

On Monday 25 September 2006 14:28, Stuart Williams wrote this amazing epistle:
> Don't forget this Wednesday's meeting where Jason will wow us with
> what I expect to be a stellar presentation on iterators and
> generators.  I expect we'll all understand iter() and __iter__() a
> little bit better when he's done.
>
> Rumour has it he may also explain the co-routine possibilities opened
> up by the addition of yield expressions to generators in Python 2.5.
>
> I have written Python code with Jason.  He's very good.  Don't miss
> this rare opportunity.
>
> As it says on http://WinniPUG.ca, the meeting starts this Wednesday,
> September 27th, at 7:30 p.m. in Room 2M70 at the University of
> Winnipeg - on the second floor of Manitoba hall. To reach this room,
> head up the main escalators in Centennial Hall to the 2nd floor, turn
> right to head east into Manitoba hall, turn left down the hallway and
> look for the room on your right.
>
> Stuart.

	I'm looking forward to the meeting. Always informative.

	There is one question I'd like to ask. Maybe an example could be worked into
the presentation... I'm about to start into learning about threads
(multitasking). At the moment I'm currently working on files so talking about
threads is about two to three weeks early.

	Last months session inspired me some more. The up side is it should allow me
to replace a program I'm quite annoyed at as well as help out a little more
on the OO Starlanes. I'm going to figure out object oriented programming or
die trying. ;-)

				Later
				Mike

|Call-A.P.P.L.E. and the Digital Civilization http://www.callapple.org |