[Python Wpg] For anybody using Rackspace cloud files

Kevin Veroneau kveroneau at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 17:00:47 CEST 2010

Hello Jason,

  Yes, there is a Python program called duplicity, their latest version
supports rsync to a cloud files container.

Duplicity project: http://duplicity.nongnu.org/
<http://duplicity.nongnu.org/>Blog about using Duplicity with Rackspace
cloud:
http://blog.chmouel.com/2009/09/02/rsync-like-backup-to-rackspace-cloud-file-with-duplicity/

  Also, if you look at the second Python program, you can easily use popen
in python to open a pipe and pipe in rsync.

  The documentation in the Python bindings github may have some information
on how one would use rsync via a Python program.  You will also need the
Python module for Rackspace cloud files installed from here.

http://github.com/rackspace/python-cloudfiles/tree/master/docs/

Hope this was of help to you,
Kevin Veroneau