[XML-SIG] Re: Look what these folks are doing with XML

Andrew Kuchling akuchlin@cnri.reston.va.us
Tue, 14 Apr 1998 17:08:07 -0400 (EDT)

Fred L. Drake writes:
>  Frankly, I think that's the wrong approach.  The Pickler/Unpickler
>classes should be able to do all the XML generation/processing, and
>use the existing pickling protocol.  I think this would be very
>reasonable, and actually not too hard to do.  Perhaps the entire

	Looking at the current implementation of the Pickler and
Unpickler classes, you'd have to override a *lot* of methods for
XMLPickler, because many methods refer to module-level string
variables containing the type codes.  I asked Guido about this, and he
thought it would be better to write the required marshal or pickle
functionality from scratch in a class of its own.

--
A.M. Kuchling			http://starship.skyport.net/crew/amk/
The world will never starve for wonders; but only for want of wonder.