[XML-SIG] So how can _we_ use XML?

Daniel Larsson Daniel.Larsson@vasteras.mail.telia.com
Fri, 28 Aug 1998 20:48:07 +0200

Actually, the replacement for gendoc, pythondoc, has an experimental
XML formatter. Would be very happy for comments on it...

The current XML file is basically a one to one mapping to pythondoc's
internal representation of python objects and their dosctrings.

-----Original Message-----
From: xml-sig-admin@python.org [mailto:xml-sig-admin@python.org]On
Behalf Of Mark Hammond
Sent: den 28 augusti 1998 16:36
To: xml-sig@python.org
Subject: [XML-SIG] So how can _we_ use XML?

Howdy,
    Im new to both this list and XML.  Ive downloaded the 0.4 release, and
have it working.  Im pretty sure I understand the general intent of XML...

I tend to learn best by example, so I would like to start using XML somehow!
Sow how can/should Python use XML?  Where do XML documents fit with Python?
I dont mean in an esoteric sense - I mean where does it make sense now?  Or
at least to be working towards now?  The FAQ example in Lars Marius
Garshol's document is obviously appealing.  Gendoc could possibly generate
XML instead of direct to HTML?

Am I missing the point?

Could I add any more question marks? :-)

Thanks

Mark.