[XML-SIG] Could we use a public CVS tree?

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl
Mon, 31 Aug 1998 11:06:10 +0200

> Last night it struck me that it might be very helpful if we had a
> public CVS tree for the XML package.  A server is available, and
> producing a read-only tree is apparently not very difficult, but
> granting write access may also be possible, so that the various
> developers can check in changes.
>
> 	What do you all think?  Would a CVS server assist development?

I think it definitely would help. However, write access may pose a problem,
especially if we don't want everyone to be able to change every bit of the
tree. What may be easier is semi-automatic updates, with a human (i.e. you:-)
in the loop. Developers would mail diffs to you in an easy to recognize way (a
different mail alias would probably be easiest), and after a quick check you
would just feed the mail messages into patch and do the commit.
Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl      | ++++ if you agree copy these lines to your sig ++++
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack | see http://www.xs4all.nl/~tank/spg-l/sigaction.htm