[XML-SIG] Proposed announcement

Tamito Kajiyama kajiyama@etl.go.jp
Mon, 7 Dec 98 09:34:34 JST

"A.M. Kuchling" <amk1@erols.com> writes:
| To be sent to: c.l.py.announce, comp.text.xml, xml-dev, www-dom,
| 	       announcement on freshmeat.net,
| 	       other suggestions?

Please excuse me sending a problem report at the last moment of the
final release (the wide range of the distinations of the proposed
announcement reminds me ;).

On SunOS 4.1.4_JL, the pyexpat module fails because of a call of an
undefined procedure at runtime.  The fix is simple: running ranlib on
expat/libexpat.a before linking to pyexpat.so.  And, here is a trivial
patch:

*** expat/Makefile.orig Sun Dec  6 01:02:48 1998
--- expat/Makefile      Sun Dec  6 01:01:56 1998

  libexpat.a: $(OBJS)
        ar cr libexpat.a $(OBJS)
+       ranlib libexpat.a

I don't know if this problem happen on platforms other than SunOS.

KAJIYAMA, Tamito <kajiyama@etl.go.jp>