[XML-SIG] xml install problems

Andrew M. Kuchling akuchlin@cnri.reston.va.us
Wed, 9 Dec 1998 15:36:19 -0500 (EST)

John Day writes:
>3. In the xml-0.5 directory I rebuilt everything. The 'make test' still
>   doesn't work [because it temporarily trashes PYTHONPATH] but I was
>   able to run each test separately 'python test/test_arch.py' etc.

	I should fix that; the intention is that you can run the test
suite without having to actually install the package, but that relies
on having a symlink from xml to '.' in the main directory.  Perhaps it
should behave in a way being suggested in the Distutils-sig, and
construct a fake installation tree inside the package; actual
installation would then be a matter of just copying the tree.

--
A.M. Kuchling			http://starship.skyport.net/crew/amk/
It's the same old story... Whatever it turns into on the way, whatever it is