[XML-SIG] Re: Equality tests on DOM nodes

uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Fri, 11 Dec 1998 17:30:37 -0700

> Fred L. Drake writes:
> >Ray Whitmer writes:
> > > The problem in Python is much bigger -- possibly rendering my advice
> > > irrelevant -- since no official DOM API binding has been released for that
> >
> >  The spec does include IDL, and a Python binding for IDL is being
> >developed.  (Now, I've not checked that the Python DOM uses the Python
> >IDL binding.  Andrew, perhaps you can address this in the Python
> >XML-SIG?)
>
> 	I haven't checked it either, not having read the Python IDL
> binding.  Since it uses Fnorb, I'd imagine that 4DOM definitely would
> follow the IDL binding.

Yes.  In fact, we are participating in the do-sig to complete and formalize
the IDL binding.  We ran into problematic differences between both of the main
current ORBs that support Python: Fnorb and ILU, and there has been discussion
of this, all of which should lead to even more clarity in the Python-IDL
binding.

The IDL binding _does_ give good guidance on how to interpret the DOM spec,
since so much of DOM is formally specified in IDL, and the Python-IDL binding
in its current state is not too difficult a read, so you might want to check
it out at:

http://www.python.org/sigs/do-sig/corbamap.html

--
Uche Ogbuji