[XML-SIG] Python WebDAV at Xerox?

Greg Stein gstein@lyra.org
Sat, 12 Dec 1998 03:29:12 -0800

Markus Fleck wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I just found out about Xerox's DAV server & client
> in Python, <http://sandbox.xerox.com/webdav/>.
> The code hasn't been released yet, but it is
> mentioned in the WebDAV interoperability matrix at
> <http://www.ics.uci.edu/pub/ietf/webdav/interop.html>.

He has been itching to get it released since September :-)

Jim did state there is one benefit to the delay in the release. It
guarantees that mod_dav was built independently. The IETF likes
independent implementations before moving a Proposed Standard to an
Actual Standard.

On topic:
I'm not sure what XML parser he uses for the message bodies. I got a
couple tracebacks during some initial interop testing, but I didn't
immediately recognize anything.

Jim also has a DAV client written in Python. No idea on the XML stuff
there either.

Note that he doesn't deal with some of the encoding issues yet.

mod_dav uses James Clark's Expat parser (nice parser!).

Cheers,
-g

p.s. okay. so I didn't really say anything interesting or useful. bleh.
:-)

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/