[XML-SIG] WDDX for Python

Gabe Wachob gwachob@aimnet.com
Wed, 16 Dec 1998 08:06:54 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 16 Dec 1998, Andrew M. Kuchling wrote:

> Gabe Wachob writes:
> >Hi folks-
> >are some issues in serializing that I didn't want to address yet) for WDDX
> >data into a python object.
>
> 	Neat! FYI, I've also been working on marshalling a bit, trying
> to produce a generic Python-to-XML-marshalling class that can be
> subclassed to implement a specific format like WDDX or XML-RPC.  It's
> too early to report any results, since I haven't actually implemented
> unmarshalling yet, and the code hasn't been added to the CVS tree.

If you get this done, I know there are people at the casbah project who
might want to use such a thing for LDO (their lightweight distributed
object) component. I discussed LDO with Ken MacLeod, and there are some
thorny issues that I'm sure if you haven't run across you may (my memory
on the specific issues are cloudy). Anyway the Casbah URL is
http://www.ntlug.org/casbah

	-Gabe

http://www.aimnet.com/~gwachob               http://www.findlaw.com
"A popular Government, without popular information, or the means of
acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy; or perhaps
both." -- James Madison
                       import std.disclaimer