[XML-SIG] Open issues: Namespaces and Unicode

Sjoerd Mullender Sjoerd.Mullender@cwi.nl
Fri, 18 Dec 1998 13:11:07 +0100

On Thu, Dec 17 1998 "Fred L. Drake" wrote:

>  >      2) Namespace support.

In my private version of xmllib I have support for XML namespaces.  I
haven't submitted this version to Guido yet for several reasons:
- The namespace support (at least for the current namespace proposal)
  is very new (like 1 day).
- My current version isn't compatible with the old version that is in
  the Python core.
- I haven't documented the new interface yet.

Is anybody interested in taking a look at my new version anyway?

The most important API changes are:
- I don't look look to see if there any methods with a name matching
  start_TAG end end_TAG since TAG can contain characters that aren't
  allowed in Python identifiers.  Instead I look in a dicionary that
  maps tag names to start and end methods.
- You can specify the valid attributes and default values for all
  elements.  The way this is done has also changed.

-- Sjoerd Mullender <Sjoerd.Mullender@cwi.nl>
   <URL:http://www.cwi.nl/~sjoerd/>