[XML-SIG] XML testing

Fred L. Drake Fred L. Drake, Jr." <fdrake@acm.org
Tue, 16 Jun 1998 10:44:04 -0400 (EDT)

Andrew Kuchling writes:
 > One of the things I really want to have in the first beta is
 > some sort of test suite; I expect that having it will help in shaking
 > out numerous bugs across different parsers and drivers.
 > run through James Clark's XML test suite and verify the output, but I
 > don't think we can include the test suite in our distribution (it's

  I agree.  There's no need to include the test data, just a script
that takes the path to the test data as an argument (with an easily
edited default ;) and runs the test.  The README can include a pointer
to the test data, just in case.  Most users won't want to hack the
internals or run the tests; just developers and the paranoid.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.	     <fdrake@acm.org>
1895 Preston White Dr.	    Reston, VA  20191