[XML-SIG] XML testing

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl
Tue, 16 Jun 1998 23:47:33 +0200

Recently, Andrew Kuchling <akuchlin@cnri.reston.va.us> said:
> 	OK, but I certainly want to include at least one or two sample
> files with the base system, just so people have some reassurance that
> the compile worked.  It looks like the best course is to have a
> testing script that walks over a directory tree (probably one arranged
> like the XML test suite) and processes all the files, checking that
> the output is what's expected.

How about the following:
- Include a simple test file plus its canonical form
- Include a test script that accepts two URLs, runs the first document
  through the parser and compares the output to the second
- Include a master script that runs the test script on the simple file
  and on a number of web-based documents that are supposed to test the
  parser exhaustively.
Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl      | ++++ if you agree copy these lines to your sig ++++
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack | see http://www.xs4all.nl/~tank/spg-l/sigaction.htm