[XML-SIG] xml-package comments

Andrew Kuchling akuchlin@cnri.reston.va.us
Mon, 22 Jun 1998 10:20:10 -0400 (EDT)

Rob Tillotson writes:
>Personally, I think they ought to replace the standard ones, or some
>reasonable facsimile of same (i.e. arrange for them to be on sys.path
>before the standard library), so that they can be used by existing
>code without changes.  In my Debian package I "divert" the original

	I think dropping them into the standard Python library
directory is evil; re-install it, and your XML changes have gone.
Unfortunately, unless Guido's essay on 1.5 packages is out of date,
the directories in .pth files are added to the end of sys.path, and
can't therefore can't override

	BTW, over the weekend I fixed the installation problems,
started on a test/ directory (working similarly to Python's test
suite, so we'll write test_saxlib or test_sgmlop or whatever), and
split the HOWTO into reference and tutorial documents.  Before the
next release, I want to start on a demo/ directory, include the new
versions of saxlib and Expat, and complete the test suite.

--
A.M. Kuchling			http://starship.skyport.net/crew/amk/
I must tell you that it will mean some change in your writing style. All