[XML-SIG] xml-package comments

Fred L. Drake Fred L. Drake, Jr." <fdrake@acm.org
Mon, 22 Jun 1998 11:15:40 -0400 (EDT)

Andrew Kuchling said:
 >  I think dropping them into the standard Python library
 > directory is evil; re-install it, and your XML changes have gone.

  I agree with this.

Fredrik Lundh writes:
 > Note that they were written with Python 1.5.2 (1.6, 2.0, whatever)
 > in mind (if you don't have sgmlop, both sgmllib and xmllib work exactly
 > as they did before).

  I'm not entirely convinced that they should be dropped in such that
they override the modules in the standard library, but if they do
become the standard modules, then that's probably the most livable
solution.  The right way to achieve this is something for which I have
no clue.  ;-(

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.	     <fdrake@acm.org>
1895 Preston White Dr.	    Reston, VA  20191