[XML-SIG] XML package organization

Lars Marius Garshol larsga@ifi.uio.no
23 Mar 1998 19:00:32 +0100

* Andrew Kuchling

| I'd really like to see some discussion of this, so that the authors
| can start supporting this organization.

I must admit that I haven't the faintest idea what I mean about this
as long as the issue of distribution isn't settled.

What I mean is: should all the XML tools be gathered into a single
package and distributed together? Who should maintain it? What do we
do when only one of the pieces is updated? Who decides what's a part
of the package and what isn't? Should it be a part of the standard
Python distribution? And so on.

Did I miss something obvious here, since nobody else seems to wonder
about this?

--
"These are, as I began, cumbersome ways / to kill a man. Simpler, direct,
and much more neat / is to see that he is living somewhere in the middle /

 http://www.stud.ifi.uio.no/~larsga/      http://birk105.studby.uio.no/