[XML-SIG] New working drafts: XML Namespaces, XLink, XPointer

Adrian Boyko boyko@mail.bc.rogers.wave.ca
Mon, 30 Mar 1998 11:38:23 -0800

>I'm not sure if I really understand the utility of
>these two working drafts. It would be nice if someone
>with deeper insight could give a short summary of
>what they are for and how they relate to other
>standardization efforts such as DOM, HyTime etc.

The XPointer material used to be part of the XLink document.  It was only
recently pulled out into a separate working draft.  Lars already mentioned
that XLink is a simplified version of the Linking part of HyTime.  XPointer
is based on the work of the Text Encoding Initiative (TEI).