[XML-SIG] XML package organization

Lars Marius Garshol larsga@ifi.uio.no
30 Mar 1998 23:18:54 +0200

* Andrew Kuchling

| OK, but should it be in sax, as in your diagram, or as a separate
| subpackage under xml?

It could be as a separate subpackage, in fact I think that's better as
we don't get quite as many very.long.and.tedious.package.names that
way. I had some vague notions about how that might cause problems for
the parser auto-detection, but I now see that there won't be any more
problems that way.

| It seems to make sense to change the dom subpackage to use such
| alternate parsers, and if other XML representations become useful,
| they'd use these parsers as well.

Unless DOM should build on SAX. I know Stephane has several different

| Lars, unless someone speaks up and points out flaws in this
| proposal, you can go ahead and implement it.

OK. I hope to be able to release both xmlproc 0.30 and a new version
of saxlib this week. Both will then support this package scheme.

--
"These are, as I began, cumbersome ways / to kill a man. Simpler, direct,
and much more neat / is to see that he is living somewhere in the middle /

 http://www.stud.ifi.uio.no/~larsga/      http://birk105.studby.uio.no/