[XML-SIG] saxlib

Paul Prescod papresco@technologist.com
Mon, 30 Mar 1998 17:07:27 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 30 Mar 1998, Andrew Kuchling wrote:

> 	I would assume that this returns a list of module names, not
> the actual module objects, since the latter requires importing every
> single XML parser available (unless you do something sneaky with dummy
> module objects).  So this would simply return a list of strings,
> naming the parser classes that create_parser knows about, and that
> number is finite and known ahead of time.

Right, but unless the list is made by a human being, there is no way to
generate it in JPython. I would have presumed that the CPython version
would "peek" in the xml/sax/parsers directory, but JPython can't do that
(AFAIK). I'm reasonably confident that JPython can't "peek" at Java
package directories and modules.

 Paul Prescod