[XML-SIG] Re: Mr. Nitpicker looks at saxlib

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl
Fri, 29 May 1998 13:57:52 +0200

> The only way to avoid slicing is for the application to check the
> offsets it receives (which may or may not require slicing). Since this
> happens on the application side the solution is a bit difficult to
> generalize.
>
> One way to do it might be to have a document handler base class that
> implemented the characters method by passing the data on to a
> simple_chars(self,data) method, performing slicing only for those
> offsets for which this is necessary. In fact, this can be optimized by
> checking which parser is used and choosing the right one of two
> slicing and non-slicing implementations of characters.

The first is indeed what I meant, and the second is a good implementation of
it. I guess I could have been a bit clearer:-)
Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl      | ++++ if you agree copy these lines to your sig ++++
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack | see http://www.xs4all.nl/~tank/spg-l/sigaction.htm