[XML-SIG] [Q] Namespace

Tamito Kajiyama kajiyama@etl.go.jp
Sun, 22 Nov 98 04:57:54 JST

Hi.

I'd like to do some experiments about RDF, so I'm writing a limited RDF
parser with the required XML namespace support.  I have questions about
XML namespace.

First, according to the specification (Subsection 5.2), "If the URI in a
default namespace declaration is empty, then unprefixed elements in the
scope of the declaration are not considered to be in any namespace."
I cannot understand what this means.  What should a parser do on such
unprefixed elements?  Really nothing to do?

Second, what is the initial value of the default namespace before the
first declaration of the default namespace appears?  Is the default
namespace undefined at first?  I think it is reasonable that the
namespace associated to the DTD of the XML document, if any, would be
the first default namespace.

Thank you,

--
KAJIYAMA, Tamito <kajiyama@etl.go.jp>