[XML-SIG] XBEL ready to go...

Fred L. Drake Fred L. Drake, Jr." <fdrake@acm.org
Wed, 28 Oct 1998 01:04:39 -0500 (EST)

--IGgzSjAQTa

  I think XBEL is ready for release.  I plan to send the announcement
attached below to the following forums on Wednesday if there are no
objections (speak quickly if there are):

	comp.lang.python.announce
	comp.text.xml
	xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
	tkbrowser-sig@python.org

  I've set up a SOCAT catalog at
http://www.python.org/topics/xml/dtds/catalog to serve the
"-//IDN python.org" prefix.  I've sent a message to James Tauber
(http://www.schema.net/) to add us as a DELEGATE entry to his catalog,
but it doesn't appear to be there yet and I've received no reply yet.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.	     <fdrake@acm.org>
1895 Preston White Dr.	    Reston, VA  20191

--IGgzSjAQTa

The XML Bookmark Exchange Language (XBEL)

The Python XML-SIG (http://www.python.org/sigs/xml-sig/) has developed
a new XML document type for use as an Internet bookmark interchange
format.  The document type definition and documentation are available
at:

	http://www.python.org/topics/xml/xbel/

XBEL supports the bookmarking capabilities of all major browsers.
Demonstration conversion software is available to support Netscape
Navigator, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and Opera.  The Grail browser
will support XBEL directly in the next release.

--IGgzSjAQTa--