[XML-SIG] ANNOUNCE: Grail 0.5 released
Fred L. Drake
Fred L. Drake, Jr." <firstname.lastname@example.org
Fri, 30 Oct 1998 23:42:45 -0500 (EST)
Grail 0.5 is Released!
A maintenance release of Grail is now available at the Grail web site:
A few minor features have been added as well.
New Features in Grail 0.5
This list is (probably) incomplete.
* The bookmarks facility now supports the XBEL format for both input
and output; see The XBEL Bookmarks Format for more information.
* The bookmarks subsystem now caches the parsed bookmarks
transparently using a pickle. If the bookmarks file is changed by
another application, the cache will be ignored and the bookmarks
file will be re-parsed. This makes loading bookmarks much faster.
Support for the explicit pickled format, available only in Grail
0.4, has been removed since no one appeared to be using it.
* Bookmark metadata is now updated automatcally as you browse. In
particular, the "last modified" and "last visited" fields are
updated. These were not previously updated correctly.
* Added support for text/paragraph and flowing text/plain MIME
types. The definitions for these types are works in progress,
published only as Internet Drafts. See source comments for
pointers to the most recent drafts at the time of the release.
* Added support for the ietf: URN scheme, also a work in progress
defined by an Internet Draft. See the source for the appropriate
* Added support for the doi: URN scheme, also known as the
Digital Object Identifier System. This system was developed by
CNRI for the Association of American Publishers. The work CNRI
did for AAP was well received at the 1997 Frankfurt Book Fair,
which led to the inception of the International DOI Foundation.
* Added support for TkStep (Linux RPM files), adjusting the
widget layout for a better NeXTStep look when available.
* The file: handler now reports the "last modified" data for the
file. This can actually be used if you bookmarked a local file or
seen in the "Document Info" window.
Fred L. Drake, Jr. <email@example.com>
Corporation for National Research Initiatives
1895 Preston White Dr. Reston, VA 20191