[XML-SIG] Useless fun thing for XML - comments or helpers?

Lars Marius Garshol larsga@ifi.uio.no
Sat, 05 Sep 1998 08:38:16 +0200

* Walter Underwood

>The search engine only requires that the XML be well-formed, since it
>doesn't really need to know about the DTD, just the text that remains
>after parsing. Well, we do pay attention to one tag -- the first <title>
>or <TITLE> tag is considered to be the title of the document for
>purposes of displaying search hits.

Hmmm. Have you considered using architectural forms to give page authors
more freedom, but still allow you to discover which elements are the
equivalents of 'TITLE' and 'AUTHOR' etc?

--Lars M.