[XML-SIG] XBEL DTD

Greg Stein gstein@lyra.org
Mon, 07 Sep 1998 01:38:34 -0700

Sean Mc grath wrote:
> Having said that, this stuff is on the way really soon now. The first
> salvo was a Tim Bray propsal for data typing in XML. Then came a formal
> submission to the W3C called XML-Data. The latest state of play is
> a joint Microsoft/IBM/Tim Bray propsal called DCD. Full info to be
> found on W3C.ORG. Me? I use (abuse?) fixed attributes and Python:-

Euh... unless I'm horribly mistaken, XML-Data is an XML DTD that
describes a schema for describing schemas :-) i.e. rather than using
that specialized DTD syntax, you can describe the schema in XML. Of
course, this implies that you can start using a host of XML tools for
manipulating the actual schema.

Sure, there are some parts of XML-Data that are used to define the
constraints (and type) of an attribute, but it isn't very complete.

-g

--
Greg Stein (gstein@lyra.org)