[XML-SIG] xmlproc and Docbook XML DTD

Lars Marius Garshol larsga@ifi.uio.no
Tue, 15 Sep 1998 15:05:54 +0200

* Marc van Grootel

>I just installed the newest xmlproc. I'm trying to get it to validate
>with Norman Walsh's Docbook XML DTD (db3xml10.dtd).
>
>It looks as if xmlproc has problems with some of the parameter
>entities.
>
>Right out of the box it reports:
>
>ERROR: One of 'IGNORE' or 'INCLUDE' expected at db3xml10.dtd:32:4
>TEXT: '%ISOamsa.m'

This is because xmlproc does not support parameter entities inside
declarations yet. xmlproc 0.52 was releases now because I wanted to
start working on this now and expected that to take a while. For now
I'm afraid you'll have to normalize the DTD before you use it.

>File "C:\Python\site\xml\parsers\xmlproc\xmlproc.py", line 897, in
>parse_pe_ref
>   self.report_error(3038,name)
>NameError: name

"/)"(#"#!#

This is a bug. I'll fix it tomorrow and post a fix on Thursday.

>It seems as if these longer PE's aren't parsed properly (I looked at
>the regexps used but that seems ok).

Part of the reason why 0.52 is so much faster than 0.51 is that it
no longer uses regexps to parse names. Anyway, I don't think this is
the problem, it looks as though the 'name' variable for some reason
isn't initialized.

>Is there a restriction on their length?

No.

--Lars M.