[XML-SIG] XBEL DTD as a meta-dtd

Fred L. Drake Fred L. Drake, Jr." <fdrake@acm.org
Wed, 16 Sep 1998 13:23:49 -0400 (EDT)

Marc van Grootel writes:
 > I don't say it's absolutely necessary. But it's a
 > consequence of our datamodel and somehwere there should be a hint
 > about this. The DTD does not consist only of the formal data model but
 > also other aspects that cannot be expressed formally in a DTD. Things
 > like extra constraints on data etc (like the URL stuff).

  Ok, this is good.  We should include in the document comments about
these processing issues, pointing out that data needs to be "entified"
and that the model doesn't restrict the depth of the hierarchy.
  Has anyone started on the "informal" part of the DTD?

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.	     <fdrake@acm.org>
1895 Preston White Dr.	    Reston, VA  20191