[XML-SIG] Converting HTML to XML, advise wanted

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl
Thu, 24 Sep 1998 15:14:36 +0200

I have to do a (partial) translation of HTML to an XML-based format (RealText,
to be specific), and I'm a bit uncertain as to how to proceed. Half a year ago
I would have just used htmllib.py to parse the html and used a formatter.py
based class to generate the XML, but nowadays I sort of have the feeling that
a DOM based approach might be a better path. But, as I've only glanced at the
DOM stuff on this list I'm not 100% convinced that this is indeed the best way
to go. It seems PyDOM contains all the needed stuff, but again I'm not
completely sure of this.

Does anyone have any insights to share?
Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl      | ++++ if you agree copy these lines to your sig ++++
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack | see http://www.xs4all.nl/~tank/spg-l/sigaction.htm