[XML-SIG] XBEL DTD

Andrew M. Kuchling akuchlin@cnri.reston.va.us
Thu, 24 Sep 1998 15:50:31 -0400 (EDT)

Fred L. Drake writes:
>changes I've suggested to XBEL, I'm attaching a new (complete) DTD
>below.  I think Andrew really wants to get an updated version into the
>CVS repository, and I'd like to get it finallized as well.  If there
>are no problems with the DTD over the next several days, I'll start on
>the documentation.

	I'm interested in seeing the XBEL work completed for a few
reasons.  First, it makes a pretty good demonstration program for the
XML toolkit, because it does some real work, but it's not so
complicated that it's difficult to understand.  Second, XBEL is
something that could be pretty useful.  The conversion scripts can be
made really useful with a little work; they simply need to find the
current user's bookmark file, and automatically dump it out as XBEL.
I'll eventually do this for lynx_parse.py and xbel_parse.py, though
it'll be a while before I manage to do that; if anyone wants to grab
the CVS tree and update the code, feel free.

	Once the DTD is settled and the software is updated to match,
it would then be nice to publicize the DTD a little bit: list it on
schema.net, see if the Mozilla people are interested, etc.

--
A.M. Kuchling			http://starship.skyport.net/crew/amk/
I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that