[XML-SIG] [Ann] XSL-Pattern 0.03 released
Sat, 10 Apr 1999 20:42:49 +0200
I have released version 0.03 of my XSL-Pattern package.
It implements the pattern sublanguage of the XSL working
draft specification as of Dec 16, 1998.
The package provides pattern matching and selection on
HTML/XML/SGML document trees.
* sevaral bugs fixed:
- "test patterns with value" threw an exception
- "<code>ancestor</code> in match pattern" threw an exception
- <code><var>...</var>//<var>OtherNode</var></code> startet
above rather than at
<var>OtherNode</var> when used as match pattern.
(was correct as select pattern).
* pattern objects now have a <code>patternstring</code> attribute;
it is the string the object has been built from.
* allows for customized pattern factories.
This is interesting, if you want to use the parser infrastructure
to build customized parsers. Such parsers build customized
XSL pattern objects (by means of the factory).
They can e.g. change the matching algorithm or work
on a sequence of SAX events rather than DOM trees for selection.
More information and download: