[XML-SIG] xmlproc: Version 0.61 released\!
Lars Marius Garshol
Mon, 19 Apr 1999 21:42:05 +0200 (MET DST)
Changes since version 0.60:
- the parser is now even faster, especially when validating. The
parser should now be several times faster for very large DTDs.
- various minor bug fixes, plus an embarrasing one in xvcmd.py
- some API extensions:
- catalog.CatalogParser now accepts an error language parameter
- catalog.xmlproc_catalog now accepts an optional error handler
- added a utils module with a ready-made error handler that prints
error messages to a file-like object
- added a new method get_valid_elements to xmldtd.ElementType, so
that it's now possible to find out which elements are allowed in
a given state (or point) in the content model of an element
This version is mainly released to fix the bug in xvcmd.py, which was
too glaring to be overlooked.
Experiments with DTD caching have been performed and it has turned out
to be feasible, but surprisingly subtle. The speed benefits also seem
to be disappointingly small. If anyone really wants this feature, let
me know and I'll implement it.