[XML-SIG] How can I search for a string of text

Jeff.Johnson@icn.siemens.com Jeff.Johnson@icn.siemens.com
Tue, 20 Apr 1999 11:00:41 -0400

Hello everyone,

I need to remove a string from my HTML files but I don't know the best way to
find it.  There are usually line feeds in the HTML between the string so the
string does not appear as one DOM text node.  Does anyone know the best way to
find contiguous text that spans multiple DOM nodes?

While I'm at it, is there a good way to remove blank lines from ?ML files?  As I
read and rewrite my XML files, I find that extra line feeds accumulate.  I've
tried a few different approaches but have never been fully satisfied with them.

Thanks much,
Jeff