[XML-SIG] ANN: 4XSL 0.6.1

Paul Prescod paul@prescod.net
Thu, 22 Apr 1999 11:04:03 -0500

uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com wrote:

> We're
> announcing this version only to the python-xml list for now until
> we complete xsl:counter and update against the latest XSL(T) draft.

Which is it? Counters were removed from XSLT. :)

For those who are interested:

E. Changes from Previous Public Working Draft

       The following is a summary of changes since the previous public
working draft.

       Select patterns, string expressions and boolean expressions have
been combined and generalized into an expression language with multiple
data types (see [6 Expressions and Patterns]).

       xsl:strip-space and xsl:preserve-space have an elements attribute
which specifies a list of element types, rather than a element attribute
specifying a single element type.

       The id() function has been split into id() and idref().

       xsl:id has been replaced by the xsl:key element (see [6.4.1
Declaring Keys]), and associated key() and keyref() functions.

       The doc() and docref() have been added to support multiple source
documents.

       Namespace wildcards (ns:*) have been added.

       ancestor() and ancestor-or-self() have been replaced by a more
general facility for addressing different axes.

       Positional qualifiers (first-of-type(), first-of-any(),
last-of-type(), last-of-any()) have been replaced by the position() and
last() functions and numeric expressions inside [].

       Counters have been removed. An expr attribute has been added to
xsl:number which in conjunction with the position() allows numbering of
sorted node lists.

       Multiple adjacent uses of [] are allowed.

       Macros and templates have been unified by allowing templates to be
named and have parameters.

       xsl:constant have been replaced by xsl:variable which allows
variables to be typed and local.

       The default for priority on xsl:template has changed (see [7.4
Conflict Resolution for Template Rules]).

       An extension mechanism has been added (see [6.4.2 Declaring
Extension Functions]).

       The namespace URIs have been changed.

       xsl:copy-of has been added (see [9.5 Copying]).

       A error recovery mechanism to allow forwards-compatibility has been
added (see [3 Forwards-compatible Processing]).

       A namespace attribute has been added to xsl:element and
xsl:attribute.

 http://itrc.uwaterloo.ca/~papresco

"The Excursion [Sport Utility Vehicle] is so large that it will come
equipped with adjustable pedals to fit smaller drivers and sensor
devices that warn the driver when he or she is about to back into a
Toyota or some other object." -- Dallas Morning News