[XML-SIG] Re: Industrial-strength XML to HTML conversion?

Mario A. Zito mazito@softlab.com.ar
Wed, 03 Feb 1999 13:38:02 -0300

> From: "Stuart Hungerford" <stuart.hungerford@webone.com.au>

> I'd like to start using XML for creating/editing website content.  Has
> anyone on the list had experiences in doing this in a production
> environment they could share with us?
>
> I'm not quite sure which is the best approach to take with the current
> crop of web browsers:
>
>        - Convert XML to HTML using custom conversion scripts and fixed
> presentation
>        - Convert XML to HTML+CSS, but using CSS classes etc
>        - Convert XML + XSL stylesheet to HTML with some kind of XSL tool
>
> Can anyone tell me if I'm on the right path here?
>
> Stu

I am dealing with a similar situation now, IMHO the XML+XSL style sheet
option will be better as a long term solution. I think that Microsoft XSL
processor is free (at least for now) and can do exactly that job. As far as I
know that is the way they are using to render XML.

Bye.