[XML-SIG] SQL -> XML ?

Michael Sanborn michael@graphion.com
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 12:17:51 -0800

John Day wrote:

> Looks like you want to "group by" county,city,
> specialty,type and provider and then make a list
> of the provider members. Save the group-by headers
> to make your nested wrappers around each member list.

Um, having had a chance to think this over a bit, I guess I should have been
more specific with my question, sorry.

It would be very useful for me to create a document as a DOM tree, based on
data that I can easily access with SQL statements. I'm wondering whether
there are well-known design tips for converting table oriented data
structures into tree structures, that would come in handy for this sort of
task, in terms of efficiency and reusability?

Michael